The SeriousLifters Rules
Our goal is to provide a service that allows weightlifters to communicate, share, and benefit from each other. In order to create a fair environment for all, we have set some basic rules that need to be followed by all.
There are some limitations on the type of content that can be published with SeriousLifters. We may need to change these rules from time to time and reserve the right to do so. Please check back here to see the latest.
- You may not use our service for any unlawful purposes or for promotion of illegal activities.
- Be respectful of other members. Any attempt to start flame wars in the discussion area will be removed.
- You may not impersonate others in a matter that does or is intended to mislead, confuse, or deceive others.
- You may not publish or post other people’s private and confidential information.
- You may not publish or post direct, specific threats of violence against others.
- Advertising in not allowed in the discussion area. You may advertise on your own Liftline, however, people are likely to unfollow you.
- In the discussion area, moderator decisions are final.
Spam and Abuse
SeriousLifters strives to protect its users from spam and abuse. Technical abuse and user abuse is not tolerated on SeriousLifters, and will result in permanent suspension. Any accounts engaging in the activities specified below are subject to permanent suspension.
- You may not create serial accounts for disruptive, abusive, or any other purposes. Mass account creation may result in suspension of all related accounts. Please note that any violation of the SeriousLifters Rules is cause for permanent suspension of all accounts.
- You may not publish or link to malicious content intended to damage or disrupt another user’s browser or computer or to compromise a user’s privacy.
- You may not use the SeriousLifters service for the purpose of spamming anyone. What constitutes “spamming” will evolve as we respond to new tricks and tactics by spammers.
- You may not use obscene or pornographic images in either your profile picture or the pictures area.
Accounts engaging in any of these behaviors may be investigated for abuse. SeriousLifters reserves the right to immediately terminate your account without further notice in the event that, in its judgment, you violate these Rules or the Terms of Service.
Effective: April 25, 2011