- Public Stream
- Workout & Cardio
- Nutrition & Supplements
- Supplement Reviews
|Height:||5' 5" (165 cm)|
- Main Gym:
- Columbus YMCA
- Location: Columbus, Ohio I enjoy movies, eating out, art, shoes, working out. I have a Pagan group which meets for coffee the first Friday of every month. I also love to do crafts. I am an artist. Would love to turn that into my full time thing. I love to go to a coffee shop near my home and work on my stuff (bet you've seen me there). I describe myself as a "classic beauty". I even go so far as to consider myself "Wabi-Sabi". Which, in short terms, means "Imperfect Beauty". (http://mystiedragonfly.wordpress.com/2011/04/06/wabi-sabi/) I collect James Dean items, Dragonflies, Tea Pots, and SHOES (size 10) . I am a gamer/geek. I play Magic the Gathering weekly (at least).
- How I started?
- What got me even into the gym was seeing my mother go through several heart attacks ans STILL not taking measures to prevent it from happening again (she still refuses to change). Also, the onset of diabetes in myself (because I was also not taking care of myself). I saw what happened to my mother and saw myself headed down that same path, so I got into the gym basically to become a healthier person. I had hired a personal trainer. He was doing an assessment of my abilities and asked me to do push ups. I did 20 "boy" push ups and he asked if I did power lifting. With in a week, maybe two, of working with him, he started to train me on free weights. A week after that, I was asking him to help me learn how to train heavy. His face lit up like it was Christmas :)
- Why I love it?
- I love going to the gym and lifting heavy because it causes me to like myself more and more every time I go. The way I think of myself and look at myself... it has all changed. The weights do not laugh at you or mock you. They don't care if you are thin or fat. They don't care if you are stunningly beautiful or not so much. They treat every person equally. They effect every person equally. They do not choose favorites. I feel a peace, am centered, and full of hope when I am lifting. I love the gym, and I love lifting.
- What motivates me?
- ---- Becoming more and more healthy! Seeing the results of what happens to my body as I lift and work out. ---- My trainer always said "How bad do you want it?" That's kind of become my motto for the gym (and everything else in life). ---- The Arnold Fitness Expo! I live in Columbus, Ohio, so I am lucky enough that every year, all I have to do, is walk down to the Convention Center and see all my favorite builders and athletes! Every year, it feels like a whole health and fitness retreat :)
- Who inspires me?
- ---- The Optimum Nutrition Team: They are always posting videos of their athletes stories. ---- Strong Is the New Skinny: A blog I follow that inspires women to not be afraid of the weight room and to lift as hard as men. ---- Henry Rollins: http://www.oldtimestrongman.com/henryrollins_iron.html
- I have lost 30 pounds, 10 pant sizes, can bench press over 150, squat over 400, and I no longer need diabetic OR asthma medications!!